There is nothing better than a warm bowl of chili to take the chill off. This recipe is quick and easy and the smell of marinating chili ingredients will bring a sense of comfort to any home.
What you need:
– 1 crock pot with a high and low cooking temperature.
– 3 cans low sodium cans of beans. I use kidney, and pinto beans drained and rinsed.
– 1 onion chopped finely
– 1 6 oz can of organic tomato paste
– 1 cup of organic frozen corn
– 1 cup plum tomatoes
– 1 cup of veggie stock ( I always us low sodium) That does not mean there is no sodium. You will be amazed how much sodium is in standard products.
– 4 tablespoons of Chili powder
– 1 tablespoon of Cumin
– 2 cups of water
Put all ingredients into crock pot, turn knob to high and then go about your daily business. It is always a good idea to check back every now and then, to stir the pot. Different brand crock pots cook differently, so you may have to adjust your cooking times. In my pot, four to six hours of simmering brings out the best flavor.